Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tagged - the perfect lover :)

Responding to a tag from shpriya. The tag asks me to list the 8 qualities I expect in a perfect lover. Hmmm - shpriya, you have a sense of humor to tag me on this topic :)

Let's see:

1. A kind, caring and romantic person - like Shah Rukh Khan in the ghost avatar of Paheli. He should maintain this attitude through my PMS, mood swings, menopause and all such fun stuff :)

2. A romantic with a sense of adventure like SRK in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. Should buy me lovely bangles and put them on one by one, like SRK does to Kajol in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (the only redeeming scene in this movie is that one, btw).

3. A perfect gentleman who loves kids and has me at 'hello' like Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire.

4. Someone who can ride a motorbike with elan a la Madhavan in Alaipayudhey while singing "enRenRum punnagai". But he should also be thoughtful - ready to cook me a meal if I'm tired and having a long day. Should make me tea on cold, rainy days - and in general be a gentle, warm presence.

5. Should have the merriment and easy-going nature of a Santa Claus but not his weight or his flowing white beard - what the hey, I don't want mice jumping at me, hidden in that beard ;)

6. Should be faithful to me, principled and honest. Its hard to respect someone who isn't a man of his word.

7. A person who accepts me as I am, flaws and all - and dares to love me anyway. Someone with whom its both easy and natural to be completely myself, with no stress. Someone I'd like to grow old with - and lead a harmonious, pleasant existence. A good communicator.

8. Someone who is nice to my family and friends like SRK in....err, never mind :D

Whew! Shpriya, that's my list. Tagging Saranya Kishore (the list may grow later on).

13 comments:

Shankari said...

Wow Priya, what a list! Hope you do get your dream boat and the Dilwala does come along like SRK in-----!

And Happy Birthday too! Don't know your DoB, but I guess its around now, dear Aquarian! ((()))

Ardra said...

i cudnt believe as i read u'r list :-)
the scenes that u've come up were exactly ones those had me all dreamy eyed...and just y'day they were showing KKKG- and I was actually just having glimpses into it during the commercial breaks- of "shabd"- and while there was this bangle scene- I went sighhhhhhhhh :-D

very interesting list...

Priya Sivan said...

Priya, thks for putting up the post. When Aria tagged me, I also felt what's there in it that I can write. But i felt that it is a sort of challenge to touch any topic for a blog :) wasnt it interesting? :)) thks to Dooka too. Dooka, I am waiting to read urs :))( I wrgly posted the comment in ur "sweet potato" post :)). So repeating it again here:))) )

Priyamvada_K said...

Shankari,
Thanks :). This was a mostly truthful, somewhat tongue-in-cheek post. Thanks for the birthday wishes, hope you had a wonderful one too!

Ardra - the bangle scene is priceless!

Shpriya - thanks for making me think. Haven't done a fun post in a while, so this was a change.

Priya.

vi said...

Priya..i was looking forward to your post as they are always profound :) this one was different but fun! I never knew you are SRK fan...havent seen any of the movies mentioned but they sound romantic enough!

vi

Priyamvada_K said...

vi,
I meant this as a fun post - it was a bit tongue-in-cheek :). As for SRK, I wasn't a fan initially, but he grows on you.

And SRK in Paheli is quite something!

Priya.

Saroja said...

Priya,
I loved SRK in Paheli too,though I was a little bit sarcastic about him in one of my posts.

Sorry I don't leave many comments.I still do read your posts.:-)

Priyamvada_K said...

R,
Thanks for the feedback. I like hearing from you, but you're welcome to read silently too, whenever you so wish :). Hope all's well.

Priya.

The Individualist said...

For you, just for you, I'll find out SRK's address and paste it here in the comments. All you have to do is walk up to his street, shout aloud in the mic all those points and wait for some five minutes. SRK will come running out of his house, ramming against his iron gates (Kamal Hassan style) and limping to you... And if he doesn't do it? Simple. He isn't in. :D

Priyamvada_K said...

Individualist - thanks, you're so kind. It is not SRK I want but the characters he's played in some films. The Paheli one was superb!

Priya.

Divya said...

Priya,

Looong time! How are you da? Hope all's well.

SRK grows on you... the music from his films grow on you too! I never believed I loved this guy as much till someone pointed out that I have watched ALL his movies and listen to his songs... :) Anyway, love the guy a lot now! (esp after my dear Aamir 'fell from grace).

Paheli - Liked the movie. Loved SRK and want everyone to watch this movie!!!

I love the fun blog for reasons apart from the obvious! - I now know people who like SRK in his different roles.. but not exactly like his movies! We love the characters but dome exactly love SRK! hehehe... quite nice to meet so many women who share this!

Thanks Priya! (sorry about the looooong comment.. dint know when to stop!)

Love,
Dooks

Vedu Joshi said...

Hehe....you should have tagged it - The perfect 'Dream' lover :)

Dream on!

Priyamvada_K said...

Vedu Joshi,
Welcome! LOL at your comments. I've always been a dreamer and who knows, one day I'll find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :)

Priya.