Thursday, July 21, 2005

Long distance lover

Tossing all night
Sleep eluding the eyes
The stress-laden lids heavy as lead;
Reach for some warmth - nothing.

Caffeine-driven day
Mind's a whirl,
Thoughts out of control
Fighting traffic on way home
Smoke and rain mingling on the road

Swerve to avoid reckless driver
Window lowered "$%#@$! Can't you see?"
Feel worthless rest of the way
Can't believe the language used

Park the car, walk through the puddles
Getting all wet but - who cares?
Enter the home, peel off clothes
Step in shower - out fresh and clean

Head to the closet, spot his shirt
Ahhh...feels divine - on my still damp skin
Button it up, soothed by his scent
Thanks dude - for forgetting it last time!

A cup of steaming milk,
Phone in hand, fingers punching digits
His voice on the other end...yessss!
The world is beginning to look much better

15 comments:

Reshmi said...

kewl :)

(Mis)Chief Editor said...

beautiful:-)

first time hearing from a girl's side:-)

really moved..keep the good work priya!

Arpana Sanjay said...

hmm so that's what i need now...his shirt and something warm to drink!! :-))
Nice choco!!

El enigma said...

aaawwww...so cute :)

NS said...

Sweet..:)

Priyamvada_K said...

Thanks reshmi, chay, enigma, nithya and SSM.

Ranganathan - so now you know how the other side feels :)

Priya.

Mint Chutney said...

Very nice Priya.

The Box said...

I read the line 'Can't believe the language used' and I laughed. Sometimes we surprised ourselve. I say any number of stupid things in the course of day and think to myself "Gosh, what's in this?" (stares into coffee mug).

Saroja said...

Priya..awesome poem.:)`

Anonymous said...

As always, awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Aaaha Kavidhai kavidhai :-)
Nice one!!

Willowtree said...

yummy, and true :). You have a great way of making me remember things.

Libran Lover said...

Wow! So many "awesome", "nice", "sweet", "beautiful", "true", "I agree" comments! Don't you get tired of getting such sickly sweet comments blog after blog? And the people who post those comments on blog after blog... can't they come up with something different or original? May be this is the blog world's equivalent of back-scratching and lice-picking which maintains the social structure of this world. I don't mean to be mean, just making an observation. :)

On the other hand, how I wish I had heard you use that "$%#@$!" word! If only you gave me your phone number, I'd call you and bug you enough to make you use that word. ;)

Prabha said...

nice one..u remind me of Dido :) have u listened to Thank you by her?
first time here..nice blog

Anonymous said...

You not in town?
Long time no posts?

Hope everything fine. Happy friendship day :)