Sunday, October 09, 2011

Serenity

Today after a long time, we got good showers. It is still raining in this drought-ravaged town and the parched Earth is grateful for the blessing.

Went out in the yard and wandered around for nearly 20 minutes, taking in the showers. Not one of those Texas cloudbursts, this. Quoting Shakespeare in a literal context, "It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven upon the place beneath."

Kamala is with dad and the stepdaughter and husband are out of town. The house is quiet, and the yard is blessed with rain showers. It is in times like this that I find my serenity - no teenage kid with angst and stress of her own, no stepkid who vents her anger at a missing mother at me, no husband to evaluate how I am as a human being based on his daughter's acceptance of me.

Just me, the Earth, the rainshowers, my unconditionally loving mother and my eternal Krishna. I feel so blessed.


7 comments:

Rajavel said...

That was a sweet and serene ! But there was also a undercurrent of melancholy ! Life.

Zo said...

In Chaos do we find Serenity. Life and its challenges. *sigh* What we would do with no Rain Showers and our Moms? :-) Great piece.

Heartcrossings said...

Priya - I so hear you. There is something deeply cathartic about rain for me. I used to love soaking it it as a child and take a hot shower after.

Like you it took me months to make peace with what was going on in my life after re-marriage and summon the courage to write honestly as I always have.

Hang in there - and do write. It is good to see you back :)

Priyamvada_K said...

Rajavel,
Thanks. Yes, life :)

Zohra,
Thank you. What indeed will we do without showers or moms? Both are much-needed succour and relief.

HC,
I love soaking in the rain too, but haven't done much of it as an adult. Am trying to get out of these trappings when I can!

Its good to be back.

Priya.

Gayathri Varma said...

Congratulations Dear Priya,

I am here after a very very long time....I stopped blogging some time back, abruptly...no apparent reason...the words just stopped flowing I guess, need to find my inner voice again!

So wonderful to go through your musings as always. My heartiest Congratulations as you embark on your new journey. May you find peace and love to last with you forever.

Take care, Gayathri

Priyamvada_K said...

Gayathri Varma,
Nice to see you! Thanks for the wishes.

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Yes I agree Priya, sometimes time to just oneself and with just the nature dilutes the intensity of the lifes pressure..yes accepatability in the society is one thing but more important acceptability without any string attached in our own Family is another thing..carry on, take things as they come