Friday, July 23, 2010

The river takes a turn

The duo of Kamala and Priya became a trio when my mother came to live with us. Now four years later, the trio has now become a family of five.

After much thought, and after 10 years of being single, I am now married, and have got another daughter. It is a new way of life, and a lot of changes. There is much joy, and much to ponder. Many challenges ahead - going from single to married, and attempting to parent a child I have not borne. But we hope that love, faith and blessings - from above, and from around us, will hold us in good stead over the years. I believe in blessings.

Quoting from one of my favorite Garth Brooks songs, The River

"I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind
These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try
So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry"

Wish me luck, dear friends and fellow bloggers.

39 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

congrats & wish you all the best in this new journey.Adjustments & understanding are essentials of life & will ensure the journey of life is beautiful.
Once again Goodluck & all the best
TC
CU

Priyamvada_K said...

Compassion Unlimited,
Thank you. Means a lot to me to be wished by someone who has gone through the journey of single parenthood, and knows the challenges. Someone who sounds so serene, and who has been able to find the joy of living despite the challenges. I have always admired that serenity and joie' de vivre.

Thank you, sir!

Priya.

Jeeves said...

Congrats and Wishing you all happiness forever....

Willowtree said...

Congratulations Priya! I wish you and your family many blessings, love, strength and happiness now and in the years to come.

Arul said...

Wishing you the very best that married life has to offer,

Ammu said...

Priya, I am sooo happy for you. Congratulations! :)))

B o o said...

Congrats Priyamvada! I have been reading you for a long time and it was nice to see your post with the update. Wishing you and your family all things wonderful! Hugs.

Priyamvada_K said...

Jeeves,
Thank you.

Willowtree,
Thanks for the blessings. We need all that we can get.

Arul,
Thank you.

Ammu,
Thank you for that exhuberant comment.

Boo,
Thank you, and hugs back. Your little ones are very cute.

Priya.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats great news .. hearty congrats Priya..Your appa must be smiling from heavens above :-)

Good luck and heres wishing you a very long and happy married life.


I'm Raji and I used to blog once..

Rajavel said...

Wow ! Congratulations ! Lovely news Priya ! Have fun !

Priyamvada_K said...

Raji,
Thank you. My Appa has blessed me in many different ways I'm sure, whether I know it or not.

Rajavel,
Thank you very much. I checked your blog - you haven't written any kid conversations lately.

Priya.

Dr. (To Be) Priya said...

Congrats Priyamvada! :D

wishing you all the success in life,

Priyamvadha

Priyamvada_K said...

Priyamvadha,
Thanks for the wishes. Wishing you all the best in your medical studies. Happy to see a serious, motivated student - your family must be so proud.

Priya.

Anonymous said...

I have been a reader of your blog for a year or so. I admire the introspective pieces you write and how you have taken the turns of life in your stride.

Very happy to see your update. Wishing you and your family (of five) lots of happiness and years filled with boundless joy & peace!

Love & Peace!
Shree

Anonymous said...

Dear Priya,
Where do I begin! Rarely does one feel such deep happiness that words fail to convey the impact...

Wishing you warm days, abundant laughter, merry seaons and heady memories on this new path. Here's sending hugs, love and good wishes your way.

And oh, keep an eye out for your mail :)

Scarlett (Silly, SILLY blogger refuses to allow my wordpress login)

Deeps said...

Congrats Priya, its so good to hear the news :). Wish you a very happy married life :). Hope Kamala is adjusting well :).

Priyamvada_K said...

Shree,
Thank you - I appreciate the wishes, and the kind words about the blog. Words like yours encourage me to blog more :)

Scarlett,
Where have you been, dear? I kept checking your blogs to see if you'd written anything and didn't find anything for a long while. Great to hear from you. Hugs to you and the little one!

Deeps,
Thank you for your wishes. We are all going through a lot of changes, hopefully we'll all adjust quickly :).

Priya.

Anonymous said...

i am very happy for you Priya!! congratulations wish you all the best.
Now there are two lucky girls who have a wonderful mom!

Hugs

vi

Priyamvada_K said...

Vi,
What a lovely surprise to see you! How are you doing? Do you blog these days?

Thanks for the wishes.

Love,
Priya.

Anonymous said...

I am good! :) don't blog much...job and home front keeps me way too busy.

vi

Indira said...

I have been a visitor to your blog on and off for almost from the beginning. I always wished for your happiness and I am so glad to read this good news. Hearty congratulations, Priyamvada!
May God bless your family with love, laughter and all the beautiful things that life has to offer. Wishing you the best!
-Indira

Priyamvada_K said...

Indira,
It is an honor that someone whose website I so admire is a frequent visitor to my blog. Thank you for the wishes, and the blessings. I am touched.

Priya.

Vinod said...

Wish You Have A Happy Married Life with all your kids !!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Priya! Here's wishing you and your brand new family all the very best!

ano

Rashmi said...

I have been a silent reader of your blog Priya...just like your name- you are always talking sweet:-). may God bless you with HIS choicest blessings and keep the family of Five always happy!
-Rashmi

Heartcrossings said...

Priya - Congratulations !! That is the most wonderful news. I am sure you will make a terrific mother to your new daughter.

Priyamvada_K said...

Vinod,
Thanks a bunch for the wishes.

Ano,
How are you girl? Thanks for the wishes.

Rashmi,
Thanks for being a frequent visitor to this blog, and for the blessings and wishes.

Heartcrossings,
Thanks for the wishes. I hope I will measure up to the task of mothering two soon-to-be teenagers :)

Priya.

Suman said...

Hi Priya,

Have been following your blog for sometime now. Have cherished every one of your posts. Here's wishing you the bestest of best as you begin a new chapter in your life.

Best,
Suman

Priyamvada_K said...

Suman,
Thank you for those heartfelt wishes - "bestest of best" - I feel so blessed.

Priya.

angel eyes said...

Congratulations Priya! You deserve the best. I have known you through your blogs and they always brought a smile or a new thought to mind every time I read you. Please continue to write.

Priyamvada_K said...

Angel Eyes,
Thanks for the wishes. I will continue to write as and when I can. This blog has been somewhat dormant lately. Thanks for reading the blog despite that.

Priya.

Sachita said...

I have been a silent reader for couple of years now.. congrats..
wishing you loads of happiness - a parent and the family together - sounds real good.

Priyamvada_K said...

Sachita,
Welcome! Thank you for your good wishes. I appreciate your reading my blog despite it being updated irregularly these days.

Priya.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I stop by every now and then, and love the simplicity and beauty in all that you write.. Wish you and the new family lots of joy and beauty together :)

Priyamvada_K said...

Anon,
Thanks for the wishes, and for the kind words on my blog.

Priya.

Anonymous said...

Have been a silent reader for awhile now, and your posts have always hit a chord within me. Here's wishing you and your family tons of happiness and a wonderful life ahead!

Priyamvada_K said...

Anon,
Thank you very much for the heartfelt wishes.

Priya.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Priya.. this is such a good news! Wishing you all a joyous union and happiness always..

Anu

Priyamvada_K said...

Anu,
Thank you very much.

Priya.